BioXM™ Module Overview
The Biomax BioXM system provides the building blocks for
developing Sophic’s Knowledge Environments.
Biomax BioXM™ is a project-centric, distributed, client server system that provides a virtual research communication and collaboration environment. The UNIX-based system is scalable and serves as a central repository of scientific and biomedical information. BioXM is agnostic, built to be configured to support all types of scientific and biomedical knowledge management including basic research in proteomics, genomics, genetics, biomedical translational medicine, biospecimens, pathology, oncology and epidemiology. The flexible and configurable data model and ontologies system provides a “bridge” connecting “omics and ologies.” This means that the valuable information derived through basic research in genomics, proteomics, etc., can be delivered and used by MDs, oncologists, pathologists, epidemiologists focused on diagnosing and treating patients.
This BioXM data model and ontologies are configured to represent the elements and the relationships between labs, scientists, various key words, research areas and publications for a large, complex cancer research organization. Sophic scientists developed the data model in joint development workshops with customer domain experts.
The Key to Sophic Intelligence - The Configurable BioXM Data Model
Sophic Intelligence (patent pending) is an advanced linguistic, text and data mining system integrated into the Biomax BioXM Knowledge Management System. Sophic Intelligence and BioXM use sophisticated query structures, advanced methods, processes and algorithms to find and map semantic and scientific relationships between key words or phrases found in large, complex, text files and relationships stored in structured databases.
Value and Advantages of BioXM:
- Is configurable to support a wide range of scientific and medical research areas.
- Connects and shows complex networks of relationships between scientific and medical semantic objects such as patients, diseases, treatments, compounds, genes, etc.
- Integrates information from different sources (local, remote, private or public databases) into a single Knowledge Repository to support collaborative, virtual research teams.
- Allows researchers to model their hypothesis, annotate results and observations, and capture new knowledge within a single system.
- Offers powerful project, resource and user management.
- Offers configurable annotation and reporting for effective collaboration and information sharing.
- Provides powerful and speedy query mechanisms embedded within the BioXM Knowledge Environment, resembling a natural query interface with any data of interest.
- Delivers a simple, intuitive, easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) that reduces the implementation and user adoption of the system.
BioXM can be licensed as a stand-alone system or with the embedded technology modules, BioRS and BioLT, which are used to access databases and text files. BioXM can also be licensed to include the Oncology Knowledge Base, which provides a high quality content and central reference for cancer research information.
BioXM Knowledge Management Environment
- Graphic Visualization
- Smart Folders
- Dynamic Heatmap